Well known for their litigation and disputes clients, the firm have a mid tier offering like no body else in the market. With a boutique feel, but the size and profits of a mid tier, you will learn to love your colleagues and take advantage of the amazing benefits the firm offers.
Law Graduate Role
This firm do things differently and run a rolling cohort of law graduates. The firm have a large in take of law graduates across many teams, but each graduate sits within that team for their whole graduate year- there are no rotations.This is a position for 12 months in the Sydney Litigation and Disputes team.
- You will work across a wide range of litigation specialisms within the team including insolvency, banking, regulatory investigations and class actions
- You will assist in the legal work of large companies and also high profile individuals to assist you in attaining a qualified career moving forward
- Complete billable work to include creating court bundles/books
- Drafting briefs to Counsel
- Indexing documents and putting them into chronological order
- Intense legal research
- Attending court for appearances and to take notes, manage files of documents
- Have the chance to undertake extra lunchtime learning sessions to build on external skills such as business development & networking
Requirements For the Role
The firm only take the best in the legal market and so you will have the following:-
- A degree from one of their preferred universities (UNSW, QUT, UNE)
- You will have first class honors and be ranked at higher distinction in all subjects
- Your legal experience will either include a year as a tip-staff or you will have had solid paralegal experience in litigation teams at renowned law firms
- You will have done many internships with well established law firms throughout your legal studying
- Competitions such as mooting and legal writing will have been won by you on more than one occasion
- Your awards and achievements will be above and beyond others in the graduate market
- If you play a musical instrument and have genuine all round traits you will be successful
The firm offers fantastic benefits such as a free gym membership, discounted health insurance and free travel insurance. They also do Friday drinks, have an excellent working culture and reward their hard workers indefinitely.
If you are ready to commit, then apply for this role now. It won't be around for long, so shortlisting will begin right away. If you do not hear back within 1 week, you have been unsuccessful. Call 02 8815 5805 for a confidential discussion.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rebecca Tromans at G2 Legal on 02 8815 5800 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.