- This is part of the ACC Australia In-House Legal Clerkship Program. Current penultimate or final year law student applicants are eligible to apply only. The successful candidate will need to be Sydney based as the office is located in Taren Point.
- Freedom Foods is a publicly listed company on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) and a leading manufacturer of dairy and plan-based beverages and nutritional ingredients.
- Freedom Foods’ small but busy legal team, consisting of three lawyers, is involved in a large variety of work including the full spectrum of practice areas covered by an in-house legal team including but not limited to disputes, regulatory investigations, employment matters, leasing, M&A, general corporate and commercial work, contract drafting, negotiation and interpretation and governance advisory work.
- The Legal Team supports the business by drafting key contracts, preparing regulatory documentation and ensuring compliance with relevant laws. The Legal Team also deals with many and varied corporate projects and the requirements of being a listed entity.
- The Clerkship position would entail providing assistance and support to the Legal Team in:
- Reviewing and proof reading contracts and other key documentation
- Assisting with the production of corporate policies, protocols and templates
- Providing legal research support across jurisdictions
- Litigation support
- Corporate projects
- Mandatory Skills:
- Completion of commercial and contract law units
- Capacity to learn and to operate remotely (if required)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft word, excel at a high level
- Ability to manage time well
- Desirable skills
- Interest in contract law
- Knowledge of jurisdictions and/or languages outside of Australia, particularly in the APAC region
- Ability to understand the key commercial drivers of a business
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Daniel Stirling at G2 Legal on 02 8815 5800 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.